It Takes a Cake... or 2
Picking out a cake for your wedding is a fun and sometimes stressful event!! You want a cake that matched your decor and one that wows the crowed. Everyone goes to the reception in search of the cake to see what you picked and of course how beautiful it is! I would be terribly disappointed if I didn't get cake at a reception! Here are some things you need to think about when it comes to picking your epic cake.
- Do you want round or square layers? Do you want round AND square layers?
- Do you want a small cake with cupcakes?
- Do you want fondant, buttercream? Do you want rough iced or smooth?
- Will you need a cake stand?
- Will you have a bride and groom's cake or just one?
- Where will your cake sit? What kind of table do you need?
- Do you want a cake topper? Flowers? Real or sugar flowers? Where will you get these items?
- Do you plan to get a cake knife and server? Will you get it engraved? Or should you just rent one?
- What flavor do you want your cake? What colors do you want your cake?
- How many layers do you want? How many should it feed?
- Will you be keeping the top? Who will take it after the wedding?
- Do you have a box and the items you need to wrap it up so you can eat it on your anniversary?
This is one of the many checklists you will have to work on for your big beautiful day. It can get overwhelming but I have the solution!! Call and hire Misty @ The Celebration Place to be your planner and she will walk you through it all!! There are many cake bakers out there so be sure to go to their websites and Facebook pages to see photos and samples and if possible taste the cake.
A lot of bakers will make all sorts of different things you can do for the groom's cake so consider thinking outside the box so you don't have too much cake and lots of leftovers. You can do pies, desserts, rice krispie cake, ice cream cake or I have even seen a brownie or cookie cake. Help the groom express what he likes and what his hobbies are. Hope this helps! Have your cake and eat it too!!